IBLCE is currently seeking expressions of interest from IBCLCs in the Netherlands who wish to be considered for the role of Country Coordinator. This is a very important role of promoting and representing the IBCLC credential and the organization at conferences, seminars and other promotional activities, as well as supporting colleagues through general assistance with their certification or recertification process. Be part of the IBLCE network of Country Coordinators who promote breastfeeding and advance the lactation profession!
The applicant must be someone who is reliable, trustworthy and committed to the field of lactation consultancy and the IBCLC credential. The successful applicant must enjoy working with people, be able to communicate well in Dutch and English, and not mind being contacted at home/after hours. The time involved will vary throughout the year, but may take a couple of hours per week during the busy times. It is important that the applicant has time for this commitment, basic administrative skills as well as access to a computer and email.
Most Country Coordinators accept this role outside their regular paid work. IBLCE will pay an annual honorarium, based on a preset formula, and will also reimburse approved expenses such as phone calls.
The successful applicant must be:
- An IBCLC in good standing free from conflict of interest
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Supportive of the IBLCE Code of Professional Conduct and the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and subsequent resolutions
- Willing to have personal contact details publicized (name, email)
- Professional in all interactions with IBLCE stakeholders (phone, email, and in person)
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries about the IBCLC credential
- Be familiar with current IBLCE exam eligibility requirements and procedures
- Communicate with the IBLCE in Europe, The Middle East & North Africa office in a timely manner; must be easily contactable by email
- Willing to participate in an orientation process and take direction from the Director, Promotion and Advancement for Europe, The Middle East & North Africa
If you are interested in applying to become the Country Coordinator for the Netherlands, please email your CV/résumé along with answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter “Country Coordinator for the Netherlands” in the subject line of your email.
1. What is your professional education?
2. How long have you been an IBCLC? What is your IBCLC ID number?
3. What skills and qualities do you bring to this role?
4. Why would you like to become the Country Coordinator for the Netherlands?
We look forward to hearing from you!