We appreciate your commitment to the IBCLC certification – and we understand that verifying this certification is important to you, your employer, and stakeholders.
Like so many other things this year, the dissemination of IBCLC examination results and recertification by CERPs packets will look a little different than in years past. IBLCE will have new solutions available to you to view your examination results or verify your certification and recertification status.
IBLCE is currently evaluating certificate options that will be available in 2021. IBLCE will not provide ID cards this year.
But you won’t need to wait until 2021 to verify your status. Here is what 2020 IBCLC certification and recertification candidates can expect in the coming months:
- If you sat the September 2020 examination, your results will be made available to you online by the end of this year according to IBLCE’s regular schedule. The results won’t be sent by post this year. You will receive an email with instructions to access your results online, as well as details about all certification verification options available at that time.
- If you recertified by CERPs, there are already several options available to you to confirm your recertification status, as these packets won’t be sent by post this year:
- You can find instructions to check that you have successfully recertified in IBLCE’s online credential management system here.
- If needed, you can request a formal certification verification of your certification status through the IBLCE location that serves you. Please submit your verification request form no later than December 18, 2020 to allow for processing time to receive your verification by December 31, 2020.
- You will also receive an email confirming your status this year.
Additionally, we anticipate the Public Registry will be updated by January 31, 2021.
We encourage you to start talking with your employer now about how this will be different, and its impact on verifying IBCLC certification and recertification.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our customer service team greatly appreciates your patience as we work to handle numerous worldwide requests in a short period of time.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we implement this new digital system – and for the support you provide to breastfeeding families during this challenging time.
Learn more and find the latest news in IBLCE’s COVID-19 Resource Centre.