You will need the following system requirements to be able to take the IBCLC examination with Live Remote Proctoring:
- Computer/Laptop: You may use a laptop or desktop computer. Dual-monitor configurations are not permitted (i.e. a desktop with two monitors or a laptop with a separate monitor.) *iPad/Android tablets and Chromebooks are not currently supported. A Microsoft Surface Pro is considered a tablet for the purposes of LRP and is not able to be used.
- Web-Camera: You will need a movable webcam for the check-in process. A web-camera in a laptop is acceptable, as long as you are able to move the laptop to show the entire room. You may not have more than one web-camera in use at the same time.
- Power Source: A laptop/PC plugged directly into a power source, not attached to a docking station.
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 minimum resolution
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 or higher / MacOS 10.13 or higher (ProProctor currently does not support Linux products.)
- Web Browser: current version of Google Chrome
- Internet Connection Speed: 0.5-1 mbps or greater
- Wi-Fi Connection: Please position your device where you have a strong signal. For the best experience, use an Ethernet cable to connect directly to the router. Mobile hot-spots are not able to be used.
- Audio Hardware: Working speakers and microphone required, wired headphones and microphone allowed.
To check your if your system meets these requirements, you can click here for a System Readiness Check.
IBLCE recommends performing a System Readiness Check before scheduling for an LRP examination. You will also need to download the ProProctor proctoring software before your examination day. Prometric will provide an appointment confirmation email with details about this process.