LRP Checklist for Before Examination Day
☐ Review IBLCE’s Examination Options & Examination Day Notice
Before you make your IBCLC examination appointment, review your options for taking the examination on IBLCE’s COVID-19 Resource Centre.
It is important to review the IBLCE Examination Day Notice.
☐ Review the Technical & Environmental Criteria for LRP
- Run the System Readiness Check as early as possible, and before scheduling an appointment, to ensure that your computer meets the requirements for Live Remote Proctoring.
- Your computer should have the following system specifications:
- ProProctor has the following system requirements:
- Computer/Laptop: You may use a laptop or desktop computer. Dual-monitor configurations are not permitted (i.e. a desktop with two monitors or a laptop with a separate monitor.) *iPad/Android tablets and Chromebooks are not currently supported. Microsoft Surface or similar can be used only when configured in laptop mode.
- Web-Camera: You will need a movable web-camera for the check in process. A web-camera in a laptop is acceptable as long as you are able to move the laptop to show the entire room. You may not have more than one web-camera in use at the same time.
- Web-Camera Resolution: 640 X 480p
- Power Source: A laptop/PC plugged directly into a power source, not attached to a docking station.
- Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 or higher / MacOS 10.13 or higher (ProProctor currently does not support Linux products.)
- Web Browser: current version of Google Chrome
- Internet Connection Speed: 1.0 mbps or greater
- Internet Connection: Your internet connectivity can be impacted by a number of factors. If you are using Wi-Fi, please position your device where you have a strong signal. For the best experience, use an Ethernet cable to connect directly to the router.
- Wi-Fi provided by a mobile phone hotspot will not be an option as mobile phones are prohibited from the testing environment.
- If possible, limit other family members from using up internet bandwidth during your examination with streaming services, social media, etc.
- Audio Hardware: Working speakers and microphone are required, only wired headphones and microphone are allowed.
- ProProctor has the following system requirements:
- Review the workspace criteria for LRP and determine where you are going to be able to test in a secure and private location. This is the criteria you need to follow:
- Testing location must be indoors (walled), well lit, free from background noise and disruptions. Note that hotel airwalls or cubicle walls are not permitted.
- No third party may be present in the room or enter the room for the duration of the examination. If this occurs, your examination may be terminated.
- Your workspace and surrounding area must be free of pens, paper, electronic devices, etc. No content that could potentially provide an unfair advantage during your examination, including that posted on walls or within your immediate area, should be present during your examination session.
- Please note that testing via LRP requires downloading the ProProctor software to a computer, so if you are using a computer that is not your own, then check to see if this is possible to do on the computer you will be using.
☐ Schedule Your Appointment
Once you have received your Examination Authorisation Email from IBLCE and have determined that you are going to sit the examination with LRP, schedule your appointment with Prometric. You will need to have your eligibility number (provided in the authorisation email) available at the time of scheduling.
Once you have submitted your application for the examination, you don’t need to contact IBLCE to let us know about your examination modality preference is different from what you submitted on the application. When you schedule your appointment with the testing vendor you are able to select whether you want to sit at a test centre or take it via Live Remote Proctoring. Examination authorisation emails for the September 2022 examination administration are expected to go out beginning in July.
If your Examination Authorisation Email indicates that you can schedule your appointment online through the Prometric website, then we encourage you to do so, as Prometric may have extended customer service wait times by phone.
☐ Set Up Your Computer
Download and install the ProProctor application on the computer that you will use to take the examination. You will receive instructions on how to do this after you schedule your appointment. Please note the technical criteria above for specific system requirements. Should you have any technical or system requirement questions, please contact Prometric through their ProProctor website.
☐ Set Up Your Workspace
Clear your workspace, ensuring a well-lit and clean area where you can be alone and undisturbed for the duration of testing. Follow the criteria provided by Prometric on their website.
Please note: To preserve the integrity of the IBCLC credential and to provide appropriate separation between IBLCE and educational organisations/individuals who offer test preparatory materials or training, candidates sitting via Live Remote Proctoring (LRP) are not to take the IBCLC examination in a location that is owned or operated by an educational entity that offers IBCLC test preparatory materials or training courses.
☐ Check Your IDs
Ensure that you have two forms of identification on hand.
- Primary ID must be a valid government-issued identification that includes your name, current photograph, and signature.
- Secondary ID must have either your name and signature or your name and current photograph.
- Note this change: You may not use a bank card/credit card or social security card as your second form of ID when testing via LRP.
- You may use an employment / student ID card with signature and/or photograph, or a second form of government-issued ID.
Please note: only IDs in English will be accepted for LRP examinations.
The names on the IDs must match and must be the same name as the one on file with IBLCE on the day of your appointment. Name changes can be made with IBLCE until September 2, 2022, for the September 2022 examination.
LRP Checklist for Examination Day
☐ Set Up Your Computer
Go to the Prometric ProProctor site and launch your examination 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled examination time, to allow for security procedures and review of your IDs and workspace. Additional information will be included in your appointment confirmation email regarding how to handle technical difficulties with the Prometric Global Help Desk.
☐ Complete the Security and ID Checks
Prometric has three online agents who will assist you with your setup and examination, the Readiness Agent, Security Agent, and the Remote Proctor. The Readiness Agent will be the one to assist you with your set up and conduct the ID checks. This process will include a photo for ID purposes only at the beginning of the examination, an environmental check of your workspace, and a person check of you. A few aspects to be prepared for during this process are:
- You will show your workspace and surrounding area.
- You will need to show your ankles, empty and turn all pockets inside-out and raise shirt sleeves above your wrists prior to every entry into the online test. If you are wearing eyeglasses you will be required to remove them for visual inspection to ensure they don’t contain a recording device.
- You will need to remove jewellery items from your person prior to and throughout the duration of the examination. We recommend that you do not wear any jewelry to your examination appointment as this may assist with a quicker readiness check.
- You will need to pull your hair back to show your ears.
These security measures are designed to protect the integrity of professional certification credentials and examinations.
Once the review is complete, you will begin the examination.
☐ Take the IBCLC Examination!
You may contact your Remote Proctor at any time for questions not related to examination content. If you are ever unsure about what is allowed based on LRP guidelines, please message your Proctor first.
You may only leave the view of your webcamera during your scheduled break between Part 1 and Part 2 of the examination with the acknowledgement of your proctor. When you return from your scheduled break, the proctor will repeat the security check of your workspace and person.
The IBCLC is a professional credential, and examination security is important to the integrity of the credential. IBCLCs’ work impacts the health of infants and parents, and therefore verification of their knowledge is of great importance. Please carefully read the IBCLC examination administration rules:
- Candidates must not leave the examination workspace. The only time permitted for a break is in between Part 1 and Part 2 of the examination. Candidates must alert the proctor before moving away from the web-camera during the break and after finalising the examination. Leaving the view of the web-camera without acknowledgement from the proctor, including during your scheduled break, will result in an immediate dismissal from your examination.
- No third party may be present in the room or enter the room during the examination. If this occurs, your examination will be terminated.
- Turning off lighting or computer audio, moving from your original testing location, or speaking to or receiving aid from other individuals is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate dismissal from the examination.
- A visual inspection will be conducted before you start the examination as part of the security protocol.
- Candidates found in possession of electronic devices of any kind, phones, or study guides during the examination or during breaks will be immediately dismissed and their examination will not be scored.
- Light clothing items removed for comfort such as sweaters, suit jackets, scarves, etc., must be hung on your chair, not placed in your lap or on the workstation desktop. Outerwear such as heavy coats, parkas, raincoats, etc., is not permitted in the immediate testing area.
- Only pre-approved comfort aids or pre-approved medical aids/devices are permitted into the workspace. Please check if you have pre-approved accommodations listed in your Examination Authorisation Email.
- Questions concerning the examination content are not permitted. Remote proctors are not allowed to provide interpretation or clarification of examination questions and/or define words.
- Cheating will not be tolerated and if found cheating, it will result in a candidate’s scores being cancelled or her/his certification being revoked in accordance with IBLCE policies and procedures and/or legal action against the candidate, including criminal prosecution.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, and chewing gum are prohibited during the examination.
- Written notes, published materials, and other testing aids are strictly prohibited during the examination and during your scheduled break.
- You are also not to read aloud while taking the examination.
- You will be asked to agree to all the testing vendor’s testing regulations before your LRP examination. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in dismissal from your examination.
- Candidates who finish the examination early may leave the workspace. The proctor must be alerted.
Updated on August 2, 2022