Test Centre Checklist for Before Examination Day
☐ Review IBLCE’s Examination Options & Examination Day Notice
Before you make your IBCLC examination appointment, review your options for taking the examination on IBLCE’s Examination Resource Centre.
It is important to review the IBLCE Examination Day Notice.
☐ Schedule Your Appointment
Once you have received your Examination Authorisation Email from IBLCE and have determined that you are going to sit the examination at a test centre, schedule your appointment with Prometric. You will need to have your eligibility number (provided in the authorisation email) available at the time of scheduling.
- If your Examination Authorisation Email indicates that you can schedule your appointment online through the Prometric website, then we strongly encourage you to do so, as Prometric has been experiencing extended customer service phone call wait times.
- Prometric continues to follow local government guidelines, which may result in lower capacity and fewer available appointments at some test centres. The IBCLC certification programme is deemed essential so you will have access to all open test centres. We encourage you to continue to attempt to schedule your appointment, as additional appointments become available.
☐ Check Your IDs
Ensure that you have two forms of identification on hand.
- Primary ID must be a valid, unexpired government-issued identification that includes your name, current photograph, and signature.
- Secondary ID must have either your name and signature or your name and current photograph.
The names on the IDs must match and must be the same name as the one on file with IBLCE on the day of your appointment. Name changes can be made with IBLCE until February 24, 2023, for the March 2023 examination.
☐ Read About COVID-19 Policies and Practices
Read the information on Prometric’s website about current COVID-19 processes being followed at the test centre. Prometric reviews recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (U.S.) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and makes updates based on the regulations of the local jurisdiction at the time. Additionally, it is very important to review this list of testing centres that have specific COVID-19-related requirements.
☐ Prepare to Take a Mask/Face Covering
Please note that IBLCE is continuing to require the wearing of masks by examinees while taking the IBCLC examination at testing centres. Ensure you have a mask or face covering to wear at the test centre. (Masks with wearable technology are prohibited.) If you have a breast/chestfeeding break scheduled, please also make sure that your caregiver brings a mask or face covering with them. Your breastfeeding child will not be required to wear a mask or face covering. Please note that you may also wear gloves at the test centre.
Find the latest updates to Prometric Test Centre policies here.
☐ Review the Guidelines for Entering a Test Centre
Make sure that you can attest to all of the following statements:
- You have NOT been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 5 days.
- You have NOT exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 5 days.
- You have NOT had close personal contact with someone who has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within the past 5 days.
- You have NOT traveled from an area that would require mandatory quarantine based on local guidelines.
**If you are planning to travel to another state, province or country to take your examination, please be advised that you should check for any travel advisories issued by the appropriate governmental authorities before your travel begins. In some cases, regulations require mandatory self-imposed quarantine based on where you traveled from. It is the responsibility of each individual to comply with travel and quarantine restrictions applicable to them given their individual circumstances. Test centres reserve the right to turn away any candidate who is non-compliant with local regulations.
Note that Prometric updates these attestation statements above as appropriate, so please review the Prometric website and the current COVID-19 processes regularly leading up to your appointment day, particularly in the several days prior to, and the day of, your appointment. You can also view the information that the World Health Organization has published about international travel in relationship to COVID-19.
Test Centre Checklist for Examination Day
☐ Bring Your IDs
Bring your two IDs that match your name on file with IBLCE.
☐ Bring Your Mask/Face Covering
Please note that IBLCE is continuing to require the wearing of masks by examinees while taking the IBCLC examination at testing centres.
Find the latest updates to Prometric Test Centre policies here.
☐ Arrive Early
Arrive at the testing centre at least 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled examination time, to allow for security procedures (ID check, etc.) and seating.
☐ Know the COVID-19 and Test Centre Guidelines
Read Prometric’s website about the COVID-19 processes being followed at the test centre for that day. IBLCE’s policies do not require your biometrics (fingerprints) to be taken at the time of the examination; however, to protect the integrity of your credential, the testing vendor, much like at the airport, uses scanning with a metal detector and wanding as an added security measure. Due to COVID-19 procedures, your test centre may not be wanding candidates that day.
☐ Take the IBCLC Examination!
The IBCLC is a professional credential, and examination security is important to the integrity of the credential. IBCLCs’ work impacts the health of infants and parents, and therefore verification of their knowledge is of great importance. Please carefully read the IBCLC examination administration rules:
- A visual inspection will be conducted before you start the examination as part of the security protocol.
- IBLCE recommends not bringing any personal items into the test centre. If you do, you will be required to store all personal items in a location designated by the test centre administrator. This may include your watch and jewellery. Mobile/cell phones or other electronic devices brought to the site must be powered OFF and not be turned on at all during the entire length of the examination, including breaks. The test centre administrator is not responsible for candidates’ personal property.
- Candidates found in possession of electronic devices of any kind, phones, or study guides during the examination or during breaks will be immediately dismissed and their examination will not be scored.
- Only pre-approved comfort aids or pre-approved medical aids/devices are permitted into the testing room.
- Candidates who finish the examination early may leave the examination site. The test centre administrator will give specific instructions about exiting the examination area.
- Questions concerning the examination content are not permitted. Test centre administrators are not allowed to provide interpretation or clarification of examination questions and/or define words.
- Talking to or communicating in any way with another examination candidate is not permitted during the examination.
- Cheating will not be tolerated and, if discovered, will result in a candidate’s scores being cancelled or her/his certification being revoked in accordance with IBLCE policies and procedures and/or legal action against the candidate, including criminal prosecution.
- Candidates may not leave the test centre during the examination administration or breaks; leaving the test centre will result in an immediate dismissal from the examination.
- Written notes, published materials, and other testing aids are strictly prohibited during the examination and during your scheduled break.
- You will be asked to agree to all the testing vendor’s testing regulations before your examination. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in dismissal from your examination.
Updated on October 21, 2022