IBCLCs can always be counted on to support breastfeeding families, even during challenging times!
During this pandemic, IBCLCs in hospitals, clinics and communities are working to ensure that families have excellent lactation support and care. For many, this is one of the biggest challenges faced at this time.
The IBLCE Board has recorded a video message to wish you and all IBCLCs well as you work through this pandemic and to share how they are working through it as well.
Now, we would love to hear from you! How has your practice changed due to this global health crisis?
Please take photos or a short video (less than two minutes) and send us your story! What does a day in your life look like now as you continue to provide breastfeeding care? We want to compile a visual story of your efforts to showcase and inspire others!
Upload your video/photos to IBLCELINK via Sharefile. Choose Recipient: IBLCE Link
Please send us:
- Your name and title as you’d like it to appear in the final video
- Your video as a .mov or .mp4 (mobile phone videos are acceptable)
- Your photographs (please include captions or explanation of your photos)
- Your email address
Send us your contribution by September 6, 2020. IBLCE staff may contact you to go over details after you have submitted your video or photos.
A few tips to set yourself up for a better video:
- Record your mobile phone video horizontally, please!
- Try to avoid direct, harsh lighting from above as your only/main light source. A few different light sources from different angles is better if that is possible.
- Find a spot in a quiet room where you won’t be interrupted. For better sound quality, a carpeted room or a room with more soft flooring/furnishing is best if possible.
- Set yourself up so you can look directly into your camera.
We are looking forward to witnessing how IBCLCs have adjusted to help breastfeeding families around the world.
We appreciate you taking the time to contribute to this project! We will make our best effort to include all submissions, but depending on the number of submissions received, that may not be possible. Thank you for understanding.