IBLCE’s mission is serving the global public interest by advancing professional practice in lactation consulting and support through credentialing. As announced previously, including in the IBLCE Strategic Plan 2021-2025, IBLCE is developing and piloting a lactation support credential.
IBLCE is seeking volunteers from around the world and from a variety of backgrounds (e.g., breastfeeding support counsellors, peer-to-peer counsellors, lactation researchers, childbirth education; healthcare workers) interested in lactation support and in joining the IBLCE Second Credential workgroup charged with the development of this pilot programme. As a member of this workgroup, there will be opportunities to:
- work both individually and collaboratively as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop programme materials, programme policies, and develop assessment items;
- contribute approximately 8 hours per month (depending upon precise volunteer role(s)) in online meetings or assignments in-between meetings; and,
- commit to serve on the IBLCE Second Credential Pilot workgroup for a one-year term.
To apply please send your current curriculum vitae (C.V.), a letter of interest, and a writing sample together with a signed copy of the Conflict of Interest Formto firstname.lastname@example.org by May 23, 2022.
- Experience working with breastfeeding families in a lactation support role
- Experience with peer-reviewed or collaborative work
- Strong written communication skills including experience in developing manuals, policies, presentations, program development, etc.
- Fluent in English
- Experience in public speaking and presenting at conferences or similar events