Prometric is taking new measures at test centres due to COVID-19. These measures are based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (U.S.) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and updated based on the regulations of the local jurisdiction at the time. Below is an overview of these and we encourage you to check Prometric’s website frequently for updates, including in the days leading up to your examination date.
- Please note that IBLCE is continuing to require the wearing of masks by examinees while taking the IBCLC examination at testing centres. Candidates are required to wear masks or face coverings for the entirety of their time at the test centre, as well as complying with any other federal or local requirements in place at the time of testing.
- Please review this list of testing centres that have specific COVID-19-related requirements.
- Please note: you may need to lower/remove your mask briefly, when instructed, for a photo as part of the security check-in process.
- To help ensure the protection of its employees and test takers and to remain in compliance with governmental mandates and recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and Johns Hopkins University, safety practices will be enacted throughout the testing process and will be compliant with local government guidelines. Please note that due to local and regional mandates in some regions, a limited number of Prometric test centres will require candidates to present proof of vaccination in order to test. Candidates required to present vaccination documentation should bring forms provided to them by their healthcare provider at the time of vaccination.
- For candidates who are planning to travel to another state, province, or country to take your examination, please review Prometric’s travel advisory notice here.
- All surfaces and materials (e.g. desks, pens, etc.) are regularly cleaned between examination sessions, and scratch paper will be provided instead of note boards.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates entering the test centre will by that act be agreeing to wear a mask or face covering and attesting to the following as posted on a door sign:
- You have NOT been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 5 days.
- You have NOT exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 5 days.
- You have NOT had close personal contact with someone who has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within the past 5 days.
- You have NOT traveled from an area that would require mandatory quarantine based on local guidelines.*
* If you are planning to travel to another state, province or country to take your examination,
please be advised that you should check for any travel advisories issued by the appropriate
governmental authorities before your travel begins. In some cases, regulations require
mandatory self-imposed quarantine based on where you traveled from. It is the responsibility of
each individual to comply with travel and quarantine restrictions applicable to them given their
individual circumstances. Test centres reserve the right to turn away any candidate who is noncompliant with local regulations.
Note that Prometric updates these as appropriate, so please review the Prometric website and the COVID-19 processes regularly leading up to your appointment day. You can also view the information that the World Health Organization has published about international travel in relationship to COVID-19.
If you have any questions about this process and/or about your ability to meet these requirements, please contact your IBLCE location.